Tuesday, February 5, 2013

So, About That Running...

I haven't run in a month and a half.  Since December 19th, to be exact.

Not only is this awkward because I have a running blog, it's a bit stupid because I have a half marathon in a month and a half.

I have excuses for days - I've been working around the clock, I've been sick, I have a broken finger, I've been attending a lot of parties which have required me to wear shoes that destroy my feet and leave me feeling more than a bit dehydrated the next day - but the bottom line is that none of them matter.  My health should come first, and lately it's been coming last.  Over the past few weeks I've spent plenty of time in the office and at cocktail parties, but barely any sleeping or working out.  This stops now.  I still have plenty of social obligations and work isn't calming down anytime soon, but I need to stop making excuses and start training.  Whether it means hitting the gym instead of the snooze button in the morning or banging out a quick workout at lunch, I need to make time to do healthy, good things for myself.

I know it's easier said than done, but saying it isn't enough.  At this point I need to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment