Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Back to Bikram

A few months ago I noticed my old Bikram studio was offering a Groupon - $100 for 3 months of unlimited yoga.  It was too good to pass up.

Today I went to my first class in almost two years.  I was a little worried about adjusting to the heat and being able to get in to the poses.  My balance is definitely nowhere near where it used to be, but I know it'll get better over time.  There are only a few poses I had issues with, and I think I'll be able to do them after a few more classes. What remains to be seen is how sore I'll be tomorrow.

For those of you considering a Bikram class, I'd highly recommend it.  I've tried a lot of different forms of yoga and Bikram is the only class where I've felt like I've had a good workout - the heat allows you to get deeper in to poses and lets your muscles work harder.  I weight train fairly regularly without soreness, but am always sore after my first few Bikram classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment