Monday, September 3, 2012

Easing In

I'm still getting over my summer "cold," so I've been taking it relatively easy lately and trying to get as much sleep as possible.  Yesterday I decided enough was enough and headed out on a morning six-miler with one of my faster friends.

We did an out-and-back on route 1, using the first three miles of this run.  It was overcast and relatively cool (low 80s) when we set out, but as the run progressed the humidity started to climb and the sun started to come out.  The more uncomfortable we got, the faster we ran, resulting in a negative split.

It was a pancake-flat, easy run which felt great and put my mind at ease.  Tough Mudder is next Saturday and I'm starting to get nervous - it seems as though I am always recovering from illness or injury before a big race.  Hopefully I can get things in check and get back to training properly for Marine Corps Marathon.

1 comment:

  1. You know you live in Dc when "relative cool" means low 80s. Gross!

    ReplyDelete