Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bunny Running

For the past few years, my friend Damon has organized a bunny run to raise awareness and funds for Easter Seals. I participated last year and, despite the fact that I landed in the states less than 24 hours prior, I knew I needed to run this year.

So what's a bunny run?

It involves running around town dressed like this:




We started off at Stoney's, giving everyone a chance to change and circle up before heading toward the monuments.  From there, we went to the White House, Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, then the Lincoln Memorial.  I had to split from the group after the Lincoln, but I hear they made quite a few more stops.

While running around DC's busiest tourist attractions dressed in adult bunny costumes is a blast, it also garners a lot of attention.  Last year we handed out flyers, while this year Damon created an easily searchable fundraising website through Easter Seals.  If you're interested in donating, you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment