Thursday, August 9, 2012

Big News, Short Post

I've said before that Back on My Feet is a great organization that I look forward to getting more involved with.  Yesterday I took my first step in doing so by attending an orientation session for all volunteers.

Next week I'll be joining the La Casa team at least twice a week for their morning runs.  I couldn't be more excited!!  I'm really looking forward to being a part of an organization that's doing so much for the DC community and helping other people benefit from running.

Want to get involved yourself?

If you live in any of the following cities you can volunteer to lead runs at shelters:

  • Washington DC
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Boston, MA
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Chicago, IL
  • Dallas, TX
  • New York, NY
If you're not an early riser, travel a lot for work, or would rather not be directly involved, each chapter has multiple opportunities to "fundrace" for them.  How this works is Back on My Feet provides you with registration for a race (most of these are popular races that sell out quickly) and you commit to raising a certain amount of money for them.

If you live in DC and are a Nationals fan, you can support BoMF by using the code "BOMF" the next time you buy tickets to a game.

If you don't live in any of these cities but would still like to support Back on My Feet, you can click here to donate directly to BoMF.

No comments:

Post a Comment