Thursday, August 23, 2012

Time Out

While my head and heart were running at a full sprint, my body had other plans.

In layman's terms, I'm sick.  Really sick.

I try really hard to "do it all" and sacrifice sleep and down time to keep up with work, training, and social obligations.  I know that's not a sustainable way to do things, but I haven't had much of a choice given how hectic life has been lately.  On Tuesday, my body had enough and pretty much shut down on me.  I've spent the last couple of days drinking tea, napping, and wistfully looking out the window, wishing I could go for a run.

Don't feel too sorry for me - the one good thing about being sick is that my family and friends have been absolutely wonderful.  With everyone calling to check on me and stopping by with essentials like O.J. and soup I feel incredibly loved and well-cared-for.

Until I feel better, this shall be my mantra:



No comments:

Post a Comment