Monday, August 20, 2012

Muggy Monday

This morning's weather was pretty deceptive.  It was in the 60s and there was a slight chill in the air as I walked to my car, but as soon as we started warming up at La Casa, the 89% humidity was noticeable.  It was like running in chilled soup.

We got in a nice 3-miler at a pretty quick pace.  I started out at the front of the pack, but at least half of our team passed me before the end of the run!  5:45 is a pretty amazing time to run - as you take off, most of the city is still asleep, but as you finish your run you start to see a lot of other people out and about starting their days.

I laid low and took time off after last Monday's run because my left calf was bothering me.  Given my history with shin splints I figured being conservative was the way to go.  I'm feeling pretty good now and hope things hold - between two more Back on My Feet runs, softball playoffs, and run club I've got a busy week ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment