Friday, August 10, 2012

Since I Can't Be There...

Tomorrow morning one of my dearest friends will be running her first half marathon.

I couldn't be prouder.

She went from being completely uninterested in running to trying it out for shorter distances, to finally saying "why the heck not?" and committing to 13.1 miles.  Sound familiar?

We crazies tend to run in packs.

I remember standing at the start line of my first half.  I was terrified.  This lady is a much cooler cucumber than I am - I know she doesn't need any reassurance.

But I'm going to give her some anyway.

Lady, you've got this.

You've trained for this for months and, if all else fails, your drive and dedication will carry you across that finish line.  Regardless of how tired your legs are, when you cross that line you will feel amazing.  Months of getting up at sunrise and skipping happy hours to go on training runs will be worth it.

People may call you crazy for running this far.  Maybe you are.  But if this is what "crazy" is, let me be the first to tell you, it's really freaking fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment