Friday, July 6, 2012

The Last Run... That Wasn't

I planned to do my last "real" run before 20in24 this morning.  I was going to run to the Bethany boardwalk, meet up with my sister's friend Nick, and run back to the house with him - a total distance just shy of 7 miles.  Then I woke up with a familiar tightness in my right shin.

Rather than bag the run altogether, I walked the first half mile to loosed up my calves and ran the next 3 miles.  While the weather was on my side - it was in overcast and in the 80s - by the time I made it to the boardwalk I was a hot, sweaty mess.  As it was still early, there weren't many people around and the view of the sun coming up over the water was lovely.


Nick hasn't run much since finishing the Rock 'n Roll San Diego marathon, so he was more than happy to oblige my request that we run/walk our 3.5 mile route.  We started off walking and were so busy talking that we didn't realize we hadn't run yet until we were a half mile from the house!

Usually I would be disappointed that I didn't run, but the company was excellent and a walk was exactly what my legs needed.  Now it's time to take it easy and rest until the big race in 8 days!!

1 comment:

  1. You'll be great next week! We're all rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete