Friday, July 20, 2012

Week in Review

I've been having a nice little week.

I took it easy on Monday and by Tuesday was feeling so great that I decided to run to my softball game.  I figured "4 miles downhill? easy peasy."

Once again, I didn't think things through properly.  Running 4 miles with shin splints, blisters, and other lingering injuries from an ultra-marathon in 99 degree heat is not easy.

I made it to the softball game in one piece and was rewarded with a cold beer and this view:


I get to enjoy that every Tuesday.  It's ok to be jealous.

I took Wednesday off and got up bright and early on Thursday to meet my trainer.  I managed to catch the sunrise on my walk to the gym.


What a nice way to start the day!

I'm taking the weekend off.  Next week it's back to business as I start training for Marine Corps Marathon.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment