Thursday, July 12, 2012

Packing It Up

Tomorrow at 1pm I'm hopping on a train and heading up to Philadelphia for 20in24.

I'm excited, but trying not to think about the race too much - I don't want to psych myself out.  I'm going to do what I can, rest when I need to, and hopefully meet my mileage goals.

The one thing I need to focus on, but can't seem to, is packing.


This is what packing for a 24-hour race in July heat looks like.  Food, reflective gear, and a LOT of extra shirts and socks.

Somewhere in that pile I have:

  • six shirts and pair of socks
  • two pairs of shorts
  • two sports bras
  • four sets of Zensah sleeves
  • arm sleeves and a sweatshirt for nighttime (given how tired and dehydrated I'll be, getting cold is a very real possibility)
  • reflective gear
  • sunscreen
  • a pack towel
  • an armband for my iPhone
  • a hydration belt
  • Crocs and Nike Frees for down time
  • two pairs of running shoes
  • sunglasses
  • sunscreen
  • Body Glide
  • face wipes
  • deoderant
  • 5-hour energy
  • tons of snacks

There are other items in there too... I'm a little scared to fish through the pile and find out what they are.  I keep throwing stuff on and, to be honest, as long as I can fit it all in a bag I'm not going to edit.

I'm not going to bring my laptop up to Philly, but I'll try to post updates from my phone.  At the very least, I'll tweet updates on how many laps I've completed from @thismisskris.

Hopefully things go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment