Saturday, December 1, 2012

Moving My Booty

Forgive me for my absence.  It was tough going to get workouts in through jet lag, sickness, and the parade of gluttony that was Thanksgiving weekend.  I managed to squeeze in a 10K Turkey Chase and a session with Rob, but other than that I haven't done a thing.  It feels awful.

I need to get myself back in shape before my ski trip on the 21st.  There's nothing worse than having to leave the slopes early or stick to easier trails because you're out of shape and your body can only handle so much activity in one day.

As I was telling myself I need to get back on the trails and in the gym regardless of what holiday-related excuses come my way, I spotted the Move Your Booty Challenge.  The challenge is 22 workouts before 2013, starting today.  This is perfect for my purposes - I'll get in most of the workouts before my trip and keep up the good work while I'm on vacation.  I think working up a sweat in mogul fields can count as a workout - it certainly feels like I've been doing hours of squats afterward!

First up: a barre method class this afternoon.  I've heard it's a lot harder than it looks, so I'll be sure to report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment