Saturday, December 8, 2012

Yoga at Home

Thursday's workout left me pretty sore and I debated taking Friday off, ultimately deciding it would be worth it to do some yoga and stretch out my muscles.  None of the times my bikram studio and gym were offering classes worked with my schedule, so I decided to try a DVD I got in my Popsugar "Must Have" box last month.

I don't have any extra space in my condo, so moving furniture around to create a space to practice was a bit of a workout itself.  I could have done with more space than I had, but I did the best with what I could.

My home "yoga studio"

I probably should have done a bit more research (or read the DVD case), because I was in for something far different than the serene yoga session I had in mind.  Mandy Ingber's Yogalosophy DVD is described as "yoga meets toning to sculpt sleek muscles."  Whoops.  I chose to do the 55 minute "fully loaded challenge" and was feeling the burn within the first fifteen minutes.  That said, the video was pretty easy to follow and didn't require advance knowledge of yoga (though it certainly helps).

I still prefer going to a class, but I'll definitely use the DVD again when work picks up and I can only work out at crazy hours.  It will be nice to have an option other than cardio machines after a long day in the office.

For those of you counting:
MYB Challenge workout 6 of 22 completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment