Friday, December 14, 2012

Week in Review

It's been a whirlwind week around here.  Between holiday parties, work, and workouts I've barely had time to sleep, let alone take inventory of what's been happening.  I managed to get three workouts in on Monday - Wednesday, took a break yesterday, and had every intention of getting back in to the swing of things today.  When I woke up with an overall tired, achy feeling I knew that wouldn't be happening.

My point is sometimes your body needs a break.  I try to schedule my workouts and rest days in advance, but every now and then my body tells me to push it on a rest day or take the day off when I had planned a workout.  I've learned the hard way to listen to these feelings, despite the logistical issues they may pose.  Some of my best workouts have been on days I'd planned on taking off... and some of my worst have been when I wasn't feeling well and pushed myself to work out anyway.  My general rule is to work out if my symptoms are above my shoulders only (unless I'm light-headed), and take the day off if I'm feeling achy and/or my lungs are congested.  Another guideline is to ask yourself if you would feel better or worse after working out - today's answer was definitely "worse."

So I'll be spending the day resting and drinking tea.  Hopefully I'll be back on track in a day or two!

For those of you counting:
MYB Challenge workouts 8-10 of 22 completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment