Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Active.com, You Just Blew My Mind

I used to keep track of my race results in an Excel spreadsheet.

Yes, that makes me a nerd and yes, it was annoying.  I gave up on updating it (and hand-calculating my average pace) somewhere around fall 2010.  I always meant to update it, but given the volume of races I've run over the past couple of years it seemed like too much work.

Enter the active.com "Claim Your Results" function.  Most races I run use active.com for registration and also have their results posted on the active network.  This function makes it super-easy to see all of my race results in the same place.  No more Excel, no more hand-calculating my average pace.  Brilliant.

This feature has probably been around for a while, but I only just discovered it.  If you have an active.com account (you probably do if you've registered for a race in the past 5 years), give it a try.  If you've been using this function for a while, go ahead and make fun of me for never noticing it before.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words. I'm the Sr. Director of Software Development at Active.com, and we recently released a brand new, written from scratch version of Results. While results claiming has been around for a long time, it's much more intuitive now. We've seen a significant increase in folks claiming results through the new system.

    I'm stoked that you're liking this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting! I've really enjoyed using the feature - it's really helpful for tracking my progress across races - and I'm not surprised that more and more people are using it as it's really simple and straightforward to use.

    ReplyDelete