Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gear for the Girls

Let me let you in on a not-so-secret secret: I have a massive chest.  As you may have guessed from the title of this post, I'm not talking about a piece of furniture.  I'm talking ta-tas.

I can't tell you how many times I've passed a woman running who is wearing a clearly poorly-fit sports bra.  I feel sympathy pain for her.  I used to be her.  I would double up on sports bras and it still wasn't enough.  It was uncomfortable and, apparently, bad for my back.  As I got more and more in to running, I crossed the line from "ooh I like that color, I'll get that one" in to more serious territory.  While it was hard to bite the bullet and spend $50 on a sports bra initially, it was well worth it.

Over the years I've tried a lot of sports bras and come up with a few favorites.

The Jubralee by Moving Comfort


The Fiona by Moving Comfort


The Juno by Moving Comfort


The Ta Ta Tamer II by lululemon



While these are my tried and true favorites, they may not work for everyone.  I've found that when trying on sports bras what works best for me to test them out (since I'm not going to jog around the block with the tags still on) is to hop around and jog in place for a minute or so - that's usually enough to see what's going to move where as you're running.  I do this with every sports bra I try on and highly recommend it. You may feel foolish at first, but what's worse: feeling foolish for a minute in a fitting room, or feeling foolish (and uncomfortable) for a multi-mile run?

No comments:

Post a Comment