Monday, May 28, 2012

RW Summer Running Streak 2012

I have never participated in a running streak before.  My training schedule (or, more realistically, social life) demands rest days on which I don't run a single mile.  When I first heard about the Runner's World Summer Running Streak I wrote it off as "not for me" and didn't give it a second thought... until last Friday, after a couple of low-mileage weeks (that I blamed on the weather), when I decided I'd participate.

If nothing else, the running streak will hold me accountable for getting out the door every day and covering some sort of mileage.  Like most runners, I find that the hardest part of any run is the first step.  Once I'm outside and warming up I start to feel better - calling off the run or cutting it short isn't an option unless I've injured myself or am short on time.  From today to July 4, the weather is no longer an excuse - if it's raining I need to suck it up or hop on a treadmill.  I know myself, and after that first mile I'll keep going.  I think this streak is just the thing I need to keep my training on track.

Pun not intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment