Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ode To My Team

Last weekend I ran the American Odyssey Relay with 11 amazing individuals.  This was my second year participating in the race and I loved every second of it.  Running is usually a solo sport - it's nice to be a part of a team and experience the camaraderie that participants of team sports experience all the time.

For two years now I've had the best time ever hanging out in a stinky van, running, not sleeping, and being silly with my team.  I owe them a huge THANK YOU:

  • For cheering me on at the beginning and ends of my legs - there's nothing like people cheering your name to get you pumped up to run and/or finish strong
  • For letting me blast ridiculous music (i.e. listening to "90s on 9" for 30 hours straight) and for participating in sing-alongs
  • For screaming out of the van windows and banging a cowbell at all of the runners we passed - even though we didn't receive the award for "most spirited' team, we were the most spirited in my eyes
  • For not making fun of the fact that I spent the majority of the weekend in crocs and a parka
  • For taking the "Never Nude" jokes to another level
  • For feeding me treats after my legs - yes, I realize I ate the same foods a 5-year-old would
  • For laughing at my had-to-be-there jokes that probably weren't funny and making some of your own (side note: Van 1, I've been thinking about you)
  • For supplying me with whatever I didn't bring - arm sleeves, iPhone cases, whatever - I'm really thankful I didn't need to buy men's XL supplies at Wal-Mart this year.
  • For buying sparklers - everyone was jealous that we got to play with them at night
  • For loving Eddie Money as much as I do
  • For letting me run leg 6 - running up that mountain was hell, but well worth it!
  • For taking a million photos so that I can remember and re-live everything I may have forgotten in a haze of exhaustion
  • For being SO POSITIVE and tactfully dealing with whatever obstacles came our way
  • For being my friends
The best team ever at the finish (courtesy of our captain):


GO TEAM NEVER NUDE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment