Friday, May 11, 2012

Something To Remember

I enjoy running.  Really, I do, but there are some days when I'm not as motivated to leave my warm bed and head out in to the cold morning air (or leave my cool apartment to head out in to the stifling summer heat) and some races where exhaustion starts to take over and - however momentarily it may be - I start to doubt my ability to finish.

I find that when my motivation starts to wane my thoughts always return to one concept: I run because I can.  Life is short - you never know what will happen next and when you'll no longer be able to run.  Running is a privilege that not everyone can enjoy and shouldn't be taken for granted.  I can't imagine what it would be like not to be able to lace up my sneakers and take off on a run on a perfect spring morning.

I saw this on Pinterest a while ago and thought it summarized my thoughts perfectly:


No comments:

Post a Comment