Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sock It To Me

I am obsessed with a pair of socks.  I know it sounds odd, but they're incredible.

A few weeks ago I was at Fleet Feet getting fitted for a pair of running shoes and needed a pair of socks to try them on with.  Being in a rush on my lunch break, I grabbed the most colorful pair within reach.  Before taking them out of the packaging, the sales associate asked "they're $10 - is that ok?"  Bless his heart - he's clearly unfamiliar with my spending habits when it comes to running gear.

A few days later, I wore the socks on a run.  Today, I went back and bought three more pairs - one in each remaining color they had in my size.

Balega hidden comfort socks may be my new favorite piece of running gear.  The cushioning is substantial enough to feel while I'm running, but thin enough not to impact how my shoes fit.  The material does an excellent job wicking sweat and keeping my feet dry (I know no one likes to talk about it, but everyone's feet sweat!).  They stay up, keeping the backs of my feet and ankles from getting roughed up by my shoes, and, best of all, THEY ARE SEAMLESS.  Yes, seamless.  Think about that in terms of what it means regarding rubs and blisters.

Magic.

The website only offers them in black and white, but I was able to find them in orange, blue, and grey at Fleet Feet.  In addition, they are selling for $11 through the Balega website, but are $9.99 at Fleet Feet.  I  have no idea why this is the case, but I'll take it.  My advice is to check the selection and pricing at running stores near you - maybe you'll find a similar deal.

Your feet will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment