Saturday, June 16, 2012

3 In a Row

This morning, in my continued effort to cross-train and stay in shape, I went to three classes at the gym.

Yes, three.

Apparently my "go hard or go home" mentality isn't exclusive to running.

I started off with an hour long "cycle challenge" class with my favorite spin instructor.  Today's theme was "fathers."  (Sidenote: please remember to call you dad tomorrow.)  The theme was a bit of a stretch, as most song about fathers are slow-paced or downers.  There were a couple of really good ones in the mix though, notably "Gone, Daddy, Gone," which I need to add to my workout mix.

After spin, I headed to CXWorks, which was 30 minutes of core work.  This is not a class for people who don't want to work hard.  I used to go on a regular basis and got to a point where I could keep up with the instructor - today I found myself able to hold a plank for only half of the time I was supposed to.  Even so, I am not going to be able to laugh without pain for the next few days.

After CXWorks I went to Zoomba.  Zoomba is always an interesting experience for me because I have zero coordination.  I felt a bit better about myself today because someone else fell.  Schadenfreude is a terrible thing.  I looked like an idiot throughout the entire class, but I wasn't the only one.  I had a really good time, but all of the jumping around exacerbated my shin splints.  I guess I'll stay away from this one until I've recovered.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to spend some quality time with an ice pack and a bottle of Advil.

No comments:

Post a Comment