Thursday, June 14, 2012

Spin It

Earlier this week, as I started to exit denial and move toward acceptance, I realized I need to cross-train in a major way.  20in24 is a month away and, while I'm currently not running and hoping for a miracle regarding my shin splints, I need to do something to stay in shape.

During the winter I attend spin class on a fairly regular basis.  I haven't been since March, as lately the weather has been too enticing to spend my cardio sessions indoors.  Yesterday I decided to return to the spin studio.

To my surprise, my favorite instructor now teaches Wednesday nights.  She chooses a theme for each class's music and last night's theme was "partying."  It was awesome.  It was also an excellent workout - we did a lot of hills, sprints, hill sprints, isolations, and lifts.  While it's rare that I finish a run feeling like I couldn't take another step, after 60 minutes of class I walked out of the studio on legs that felt like Jell-O.  Best of all, my shins feel perfectly fine today.

Clearly I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment