Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Evening Run - No Pain

I think the title says it all.

This evening I went for a 6 mile run which was a) glorious and b) surprisingly pain-free.  I attribute the lack of pain to my compression sleeves because I'm not sure that I'm completely out of the shin-splint woods yet.


Clearly my neon streak continues.

I started out running through Rock Creek Park toward Georgetown, intending to go to the waterfront.  I quickly realized (thanks to the Map My Run app, which I will review at a later date) that I couldn't get down to the waterfront and back in time to meet my family for dinner.

A bit after I hit the three-mile mark I realized I needed to get off of Rock Creek Park Trail and get on some real roads to make my way home.  I saw a super-steep dirt trail on my right and went for it.  It was about a quarter-mile scramble up a steep hill before I hit Q street.  From there, it was time to climb hills on Florida and Connecticut.  This is probably a good time for a confession: I love running up Kalorama hill.  It's steep, it's hard, and I love the feeling of accomplishment I get as I crest it.  It helps that I get views like this at the top as I cross over Rock Creek Park:



Once I crossed the park, it was another mile or so until I was home.  Luckily, I got back just in time to shower and meet my family for dinner at Pulpo.  If you haven't been there yet, go.  The food was delicious and the white sangria was a perfect post-run treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment